How to Use This Guide
This guide answers important questions for four groups of people involved in the NCAA
• High school students who hope to compete in college sports at an NCAA Division I
or II school;
• Parents, guardians and family members of high school students;
• High school counselors and athletics administrators; and
• High school and nonscholastic coaches.
Where can you find answers to your questions about
Find answers to many typical questions about NCAA eligibility by:
• Reading this guide;
• Visiting the Resources section of eligibilitycenter.org;
• Visiting NCAA.org/playcollegesports;
• Searching Frequently Asked Questions at NCAA.org/StudentFAQ; and/or
• Calling the NCAA Eligibility Center.