We are less than a week from Christmas. Schools are heading into Holiday Break.
Some high school teams will get a break from basketball games. While other teams will be playing in Holiday tournaments and classics.
College coaches will be out evaluating during the Holiday Break.
Junior College (JUCO) and Community College basketball teams have a break from games in December.
If you are a senior and you are not being recruited by any college basketball programs, this is the time to email JUCO and Community College Coaches.
Get the head coach and assistant coach name and email address from their website. Email them your remaining December game dates/times. If your team is playing in a Holiday Tournament or Classic, put the schedule in the email also.
Include as much of this information as possible in the email:
High School (City)
This Season Stats
Contact Info (Cell/Social Media)
Highlights or Game Footage
Travel Coach Contact Info
High School Coach Contact Info
If you are currently being recruited or getting interest by college programs, this week send the coaches the Holiday Tournament dates and schedule you will be playing in. Also, pin the Holiday Tournament dates and schedule to your Social Media.
If you are not currently being recruited or getting interest by college programs, ask your high school and travel team coaches to send the Holiday Tournament dates and schedule to any women’s basketball college coaches that they know. Also, pin the Holiday Tournament dates and schedule to your Social Media.
If your high school basketball team is not playing during the Holiday Break, take advantage of the time.
Stay in shape. Do some extra shooting. Use the opportunity to improve a weakness.
There may be a Holiday Basketball Camp in your area that you can attend.
Get creative and create your own holiday home workout.
“Sometimes it’s not about who has more talent. It’s about who is hungrier.”
Whenever you’re ready, here’s how I can help:
- Girls Basketball Recruitment Roadmap How to get Women’s Basketball College Coaches to Recruit You
- 51 Questions to Ask a Women’s Basketball Coach Get the Answers to help find your Fit
- Skills Evaluation I will evaluate a highlight video or game footage to help you understand your skills
- 101 Girls Basketball Motivation Quotes Join 300+ who have used my book for daily motivation and inspiration
- How to Increase Your Confidence in Girls Basketball 100+ have used my book to raise their confidence, get out of a slump, or overcome a bad game
I welcome you to always reply to my weekly emails with questions, comments or suggestions.
Thanks for reading! Tell your friends to subscribe to Rise and Grind also!
Talk to you next week!